Planters Walk Waves Swim Team
Welcome to the home of the Planters Walk Waves Swim Team.
Swim Team is open for all PW residents (and their sponsored non-resident families), ages 4-18, who are able to
swim one length of the pool (any way, any how) without the assistance.
** Swim Team is NOT the same as swim lessons. For information on swim lessons CLICK HERE
EVENT LIST / IMPORTANT DATES in 2022:
- 2/1: Registration (for PW residents only) opens
- 2/21: Registration (for sponsored non-residents) opens
- 3/14: Dryland starts
- 5/13: Dryland ends
- 5/14: Water practice starts
- 6/4: Intrasquad (practice) swim meet - RESULTS
- 6/5: Swim Meet @ PLANTERS WALK POOL vs Chapel Cove - RESULTS
- 6/13: Swim Meet @ PLANTERS WALK POOL vs Berewick - RESULTS
- 6/18: Swim Meet (PARENT RELAYS) @ PALISADES POOL vs Planters Walk - RESULTS
- 6/25: Swimathon - PLEDGE FORM
- 6/27: Swim Meet @ RIVER HILLS vs Planters Walk - RESULTS
- 7/3: Swim Meet (Holiday Invitational Meet) @ PLANTERS WALK - RESULTS
- 7/10: Swim Meet @ CROSSINGS vs Planters Walk, Huntington Forest & Chapel Cove - RESULTS
- 7/11: Swim Meet @ RIVER HILLS vs Planters Walk (rescheduled from rainout on 6/27) - RESULTS
- 7/16: Championship Meet @ Starclaire Recreation Club - RESULTS
- 7/17: Team Awards Party
SWIM MEETS: are administered by Just Swim Charlotte. Planters Walk competes in the Just Swim Charlotte swim league, against other SW Charlotte area teams. Here you will find our meet schedule for the summer, the programs & results from each meet, and our Championship Meet information. To access the Meet Program for each regular season swim meet, click the HIGHLIGHTED DATE on the Event List above. If you wish to have your own program during a swim meet, download and print a copy from the league website. ** Hard copies of meet programs will not be available on site at swim meets.
- Registration for the 2022 season is CLOSED
- Registration opening & fees - Early bird discount of $20 for all paid registrations through 2/28
- Planters Walk Residents (opens 2/1) - $125/swimmer
- Non-Residents (opens 2/21) - $165/swimmer
- Payment plans available upon request on an as-needed basis.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for options.
- Team registration fees must be paid in full by 5/22 for participation on this summer's team.
- Participating families must be in good financial standing with Hawthorne Management and the HOA
- Our registration fee has increased to reflect the quality of our program and to offer compensation to our coaches that we previously have not been able to do.
- Please use a current email account for registration as all team communication - including meet RSVP - will come to the email address used in registration. Meet RSVP can only be sent to the primary email account used for registration per the event software utilized by the team/league.
- Every registered swimmer will receive a 2022 team shirt with completed registration. Shirt sizes are ordered based on selection during registration. No exchanges for sizes incorrectly chosen.
Don't let financial needs stop you from swim team.
For financial need based questions, please EMAIL for a confidential conversation.
REQUIRED LIABILITY FORMS: A signed copy of each form must be on file for each swimmer prior to participation in any swim team event.
- Safety Code of Conduct - 'safe return to swimming' Code of Conduct for all swimmers
- Release of Liability 2022 - annual team liability form
- Dryland Liability 2022- registered swimmers who are rising middle schoolers
- Non-Resident Sponsor-Waiver Form 2022 - ALL non-resident families & their sponsor family
Age Groups: A participant's "swim-age" is based on their age on April 1, 2022.
- Assisted (Parent-Led)**, 6U, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-18
- All 10 and under swimmers compete in 25m events during meets - one length of the pool
- All 11 and over swimmers compete in 50m events during meets - two lengths of the pool
Assisted (Parent-Led) Swimmers Division: THIS DIVISION IS NOT SWIM LESSONS
- Participants ages 4-6 that are not quite ready for the mainstream team and need parental assistance
- For swimmers that CANNOT swim one length of the pool unassisted.
- Swimmers registered for this division will be instructed by their parents, in a lane alongside a normal swim team practice, until at which time they can successfully swim one length unassisted & move up to the main swim team level under the direction of PW Coaches.
- Swimmers registered in this division cannot swim with any flotation aids and MUST have a parent/adult guardian in the pool with them at all times - NO EXCEPTIONS.
DRY LAND TRAINING: March 14th - May 13th on MWF from 6:30pm - 7:30pm
- For all rising middle schoolers and above in 2022
- Dryland will run MWF until water practice begins
- All participants must have ALL required team liability forms on file, found at the TOP of the page
- Parents of participating swimmers will be required to assist at a minimum of 2 dry land sessions
- All registered participants should come to each practice prepared in exercise clothing, sneakers, with a water bottle and are expected to follow all team safety rules/policies
- Building Muscle / Core Strength / Endurance / Injury Prevention / More Power for the Pool / Team Bonding
VOLUNTEERS: Volunteers are crucial to running a swim event - practice or meet we need your help!!
As part of each registration for swim team, each family is REQUIRED to volunteer a minimum of two times per registered swimmer. However, we will have lots more opportunities for you to help and we encourage you to do so. If three swimmers are registered in a family, that family is required to fill six volunteer slots. Due to the changes in meet format this season, there will be an increased number of volunteer slots available. Those parents who wish to be on the pool deck during a swim meet will need to sign up as a volunteer, as most teams are not allowing spectators on pool decks due to COVID restrictions. A team Sign Up Genius link is available for all swim team events in which we need volunteers. CLICK HERE to sign up for your required volunteer slots. Failure to fulfill your required volunteer slots will result in loss of participation for the 2022 Championship Meet.
- Admin Crew: Jocelyn Bankos, Joanna Collins, Erin Ellis, Lindsay Hawthorne & Dana Wascher
- Coaches: Jennifer Buffett, Jason Wascher
- Assistant 10U Coaches: Siobhan Beam & Lorraine Willis
- Jr. Coaches: Cassidy Buffett, Logan Busteed, Sam Collins, Kyla Hawthorne & Dylan Wascher
- Coaches in Training (CIT): Nathaniel Davenport, Dylan Hawthorne & Colin Wascher
APPAREL: ALL ORDER DEADLINES HAVE PASSED FOR THE 2022 SEASON
- Team Shirt: Want to support your swimmer with your own team shirt? Remember all registered swimmers receive a team shirt so no need to order for swim team members.
- Order deadline for shirts ($15 each) - ORDER DEADLINE PASSED
- Swim Caps: Swim caps are recommended, but not required. ORDER DEADLINE PASSED
- Cap with PW only ($15 each) Cap with PW & Name ($18 each cap - caps come in pairs)
- Swim Fins: The Waves have a limited selection of swim fins in various sizes for team use during practices. To guarantee your swimmer has fins to wear, we recommend ordering your own pair.
- Order deadline for swim fins ($25 each) - ORDER DEADLINE PASSED
- Swim Bag: Embroidered with PW logo and can also be customized with swimmer's name. ORDER DEADLINE PASSED
- Swim bag PW logo only ($50 each) Swim bag PW logo & swimmer name ($60 each)
- Team Suits: ALL swimmers will be required to wear the team suit for swim meets. The 2022 team suit is the same pattern as previous seasons, with the addition of the PURPLE suit option. Swimmers DO NOT need to have a blue AND purple suit...you choose which color you prefer. If you have a properly fitting team suit, you do not need to purchase a new one for 2022. Suits fittings will be at the pool from 6-8pm on May 2nd and May 11th. Competition suits for swim meets are designed to fit snuggly. Team admin will be on hand helping determine the correct sizing for team suits. Supplier prices have gone up from previous years. The 2022 team suits are $36 for the girls suit, $8 for the boys jammers.
- Order deadline for team suits - ORDER DEADLINE PASSED
- Swim Outlet - The Waves have a membership and receive discounts through Swim Outlet. If you are interested in ordering merchandise/gear for the season (goggles, training equipment, bags, etc), complete the order form below for any other swim apparel/equipment your swimmer needs.
- Order deadline for additional swim gear through Swim Outlet - ORDER DEADLINE PASSED
PERSONAL BEST SCHOLARSHIP: The PBS is granted each season, to one swimmer in each age group, who attains the most Personal Best Times.
Congratulations to our scholarship winners in each age group who earned the most Personal Best Times during the 2021 season.
6U Winner: Tendekai Mandiveyi
7/8 Winner: Gavin Hollifield
9/10 Winner: Taurai Mandiveyi
11/12 Winner: Michael Ellis
13/14 Winner: Dylan Wascher
15/18 Winner: Cassidy Buffett
SWIMATHON: Swimathon is a fundraiser in which swimmers can raise money for their team by swimming lengths of the pool. Swimmers have a two-hour period to swim a maximum of 200 lengths. Participants get pledges from businesses, family, neighbors, etc. prior to swimming. Some choose to get pledges and money prior to swimming while others get pledges per length and collect the money following the Swimathon. Swimathon will take place from 4-10pm on Saturday, June 25th. This is one of our most favorite events and a real team party. In addition to watching and cheering on our Waves swimmers, we will pull out the big BBQ grill and parents can feast while our kiddos impress us all with their skills and determination. Popsicles will be available all night long for our participating swimmers. Following their swim, our team will be treated to pizza as we know they will have worked up quite an appetite! Our team will be divided into two swimming groups for the event: 4:30 - 6:30pm an 7-9pm. Coaches will be splitting kids based on ability to keep a consistent flow in the water. To download your Swimathon Pledge Form and get started on collecting pledges...CLICK HERE.
- Planters Walk Waves Swim Team Facebook Group
- Remind Code for PW Swim Team
- Remind Code for Dry Land
- Team Email
- ACTIVE swim portal - registration / swim meet RSVP
- Just Swim Charlotte youth swim league
- What to Expect at a Swim Meet
- The Sharpie Process
- Swimathon 2022 Pledge Form
VOLUNTEER SIGN-UP LINKS:
** Don't let financial needs stop you from swim team.
For financial need based questions, please email us at email@example.com
for a confidential conversation.
Questions? EMAIL US
All swim team events will function under CDC guidance for Aquatic Venues & Youth Sports and any current NC County/State restrictions.
We ask for everyone's support, patience and cooperation as we all navigate these challenging times.
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us.
Planters Walk Waves Swim Team Past Seasons