Planters Walk Pool
** Planters Walk Homeowners Association, Inc. - Planters Walk Pool Update 8/13/2021:
Due to lifeguard shortages, our pool hours will be changing, effective 8/14/2021. The updated hours are as follows:
- Saturdays & Sundays (starting 8/14) the pool will be open 12pm-8pm
- Weekdays (8/16 – 8/20) the pool will be open 4pm-8pm
- Weekdays (8/23-8/27 & 8/30-9/3) the pool will be open 4pm-7pm
- Labor Day (9/6) the pool will be open 12pm-8pm
**The last day the pool will be open for 2021 will be 9/6/2021.
** Planters Walk Homeowners Association, Inc. - Planters Walk Pool Update 6/15/2021:
Planters Walk HOA and Pool Committee, under the advisement of the current CDC guidelines for aquatic venues and the most recent Executive Order for the State of NC, have reviewed and revised the pool rules and policies. At this time we will reinstating the following:
- Food & drink (including alcohol) are now allowed - NO glass containers allowed.
- Guest Policy - each Planters Walk household is allowed to bring up to four (4) guests per day for free - no additional guests will be allowed past four (4)
- Caregivers are allowed - Caregivers must be 18 years or older
- Face masks/coverings are not required, but are encouraged for any patrons who wish to wear them
- The pool furniture has been cleaned and set out for use. We encourage residents to use towels on top of the chairs.
- The pool application will be updated to reflect the recent changes. Residents who have already completed a 2021 pool application are not required to complete a new one.
** Important reminders - if you are completing your pool application as a renter, we will need to verify your address. Include address verification in the form of a copy of photo ID showing proof of address, or copy of a bill/statement with address verification.
** Planters Walk Homeowners Association, Inc. - Planters Walk Pool Update 4/15/2021:
ALL Planters Walk households must be in good standing with the HOA and Hawthorne Management in order to obtain pool access for 2021. To access your account with Hawthorne Management and pay your semi-annual dues, please CLICK HERE. Semi-annual assessments for Planters Walk are due each February 1st and August 1st.
** Planters Walk Homeowners Association, Inc. - Planters Walk Pool Update 4/15/2021:
The Planters Walk pool is scheduled to open for the season on May 22nd. For any and all pool updates, please continue to visit this page. To download a copy of the 2021 Pool Packet, which includes the Pool Rules, Pool Application and the COVID waiver, please click HERE.
- The Planters Walk pool is scheduled to open Saturday, May 22nd.
- Maximum capacity will be limited to 100 residents. Attendance is based on a first come, first serve basis. If max capacity is reached, a sign will be posted on the front gate.
- To view the daily pool hours, visit the community calendar on the Upcoming Events page.
- Residents will be required to provide your name, street & house number to the lifeguard at the gate each time you check in. Any households without the completed/approved 2021 pool forms on file MUST complete and submit a pool packet for verification. Residents completing the packet will NOT be permitted to access the pool on the same day. Pool packets are to be submitted inside an envelop and dropped in the black mailbox outside the pool gate. NO digital submissions will be accepted. The pool book is updated every Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday morning prior to the pool opening for the day. Applications must be turned in by 2pm the day before. If submitted after 2pm, it will be entered the following session. Absolutely No Exceptions.
- NC is currently under a mask mandate. Masks are required for all attendees when not in the water and when 6ft of social distancing is not possible. No mask = no entry.
PLANTERS WALK POOL RULES – updated 4/2021
The Planters Walk pool is available to use for all Planters Walk residents, both owners and renters that are considered in good standing with the Planters Walk HOA & Hawthorne Management. The pool manager and lifeguards, through Carolina Pool Management (CPM), Hawthorne Management, and the Planters Walk HOA Board of Directors have the authority to enforce all rules and ensure the safety of all members and guests – which can include fines, suspension of pool privileges and immediate removal from pool grounds. Management reserves the right to update the Pool Rules at any time throughout the pool season.
All residents are to make note of the following rules – failure to comply with the designated rules will lead to suspension with the possibility of termination of pool privileges for entire households. You will be asked to remove yourself from the pool grounds immediately. Any disagreement should be taken to the pool manager. The lifeguards are employed to enforce the rules, not to interpret them. Limit all conversations with the lifeguards while they are on duty. The lifeguards are there for your protection, not for socializing.
LIABILITY WAIVER / RESIDENT INFORMATION FORM
To use the pool area you will be required to provide your name, street & house number to the lifeguard at the gate each time you check in. Any households without the liability waiver and resident information forms on file MUST complete and submit to the lifeguards for verification. Residents completing a form will NOT be permitted to access the pool on the same day. The pool book is updated every Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday morning prior to the pool opening for the day. Applications must be turned in by 2pm the day before. If submitted after 2pm, it will be entered the following session. Absolutely No Exceptions.
For the 2021 season, max capacity is 100 resident people at any given time. Of that 100 allowed in the pool area, 94 are allowed in the water at any given time. Absolutely NO non-residents will be permitted.
FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED
NC is currently under a mask mandate. Masks are required to be worn when on the pool deck and 6ft of social distancing is not possible. Masks are not required when attendees are in the water. No mask = no entry.
Planters Walk Pool FOB will not be activated for the 2021 season due to COVID-19. We will return to the FOB at a future date.
Controlled access and entrance to the pool facility will be administered by the lifeguards. Residents are not permitted to open the gate for any attendees. Lifeguards are the only persons allowed to manage the gate.
The pool will be open daily from 10am to 9pm for resident use. At quarter to the hour, the guards announce a "Safety Check" where the pool will be closed for 15 minutes to allow the staff to perform routine water treatment and provide cleaning/sanitizing to high tough point areas per the CDC guidelines. All attendees - youth & adults - are required to exit the water for the duration of the 15 minutes, however attendees are not required to leave the pool deck.
** The Planters Walk event calendar will be updated with the daily pool hours.
- Planters Walk will have two (2) lifeguards on duty at all times.
- Lifeguards are the authority of the pool – no questions.
- No Lifeguard = No Swim.
- No swimming before and/or after pool hours. CMPD will be contacted for violations and pool privileges will be terminated.
- Anyone on the Pool / Playground property after 11pm will be cited for trespassing.
- Hours and dates are subject to change depending on usage and availability of lifeguards.
- For all pool updates visit www.planterswalkhoa.com and click on the tab for POOL.
- Due to COVID 19 – FOOD and ALCOHOL are NOT ALLOWED. Non-alcoholic drinks are permitted.
- No drinks while in the water. No drinking allowed while in the water. All drinks must be kept outside the water up on the deck.
- Please clean up your area as you leave.
- The office and pump room are for approved personnel use only – NO OTHERS will be allowed.
- Absolutely NO RUNNING.
- No riding bikes, scooters, skateboards, or any other type of wheeled recreational toys.
- All swimmers are encouraged to shower before using the pool.
- Parents should remind their children to use the bathroom before swimming.
- No pets are allowed inside the pool gates or are to be tied to the fence, or left unattended on pool grounds.
- No rough play. No abusive or objectionable language will be permitted.
- Hand sanitation stations will be available for use throughout the facility.
- A telephone is located in front of the women’s restroom for emergency purposes only.
- Both a First Aid kit and AED are located on the grounds in case of an emergency.
- No glass containers allowed.
- Each member is expected to abide by all posted signs and lifeguard instructions.
- No diving anywhere into the pool. All jumps must be feet first.
POOL FURNITURE & WHERE TO SET UP CHAIRS
All HOA owned tables, upright & lounge chairs will not be used. Attendees must bring their own chairs. The pool deck is made up of large squares. Areas NOT available for use will be marked with an X. Do not set up personal belongings on squares with an X in the middle.
All attendees are encouraged to maintain 6ft of social distancing from other attendees that you did not quarantine with. Attendees are only allowed to set up chairs and personal belongings on deck squares that do not have a giant X in the middle.
Due to COVID 19 the Planters Walk pool is reserved for residents only. NO OUTSIDE caregivers are permitted. Residents who act as Caregivers are not allowed to bring non-resident children to the pool.
Available for children five (5) years and younger only. Children must wear swim diapers (no regular diapers). Attendees using the kiddie pool must be accompanied by an adult at the kiddie pool. The lifeguards DO NOT guard the kiddie pool.
CHILDREN: UNDER 5 YEARS
A parent or guardian must accompany all children 5 and younger. Children should not use the pool without adult supervision. It is recommended that parents stay within a responsible distance of those children who cannot touch the bottom of the pool or cannot swim.
YOUTH: AGES 5-13 YEARS
Youth ages 13 or younger are not permitted to attend the pool alone. Youth ages 5-13 yrs must attend with parent/guardian or an approved sibling ages 16-17 yrs. Sibling aged 16-17 yrs are allowed to bring up to two siblings ages 5-13 years and all must have parental approval as indicated on the 2021 pool application. It is recommended that parents/guardian/older siblings stay within a responsible distance of those who cannot touch the bottom of the pool or cannot swim.
TEEN: 14-17 YEARS
Teens ages 14-17 are permitted to attend the pool without parents under specific criteria. All teens between the ages of 14 and 17 must have parental approval as indicated on the 2021 pool application in order to swim without their parents. No teen between these ages will be permitted on their own unless the lifeguards have pre-approval in the pool database.
Due to COVID 19 the Planters Walk pool is reserved for residents only. Nonresident guests are NOT permitted.
SWIM ATTIRE ** ALL SWIM ATTIRE IS SUBJECT TO MANAGEMENT APPROVAL **
Appropriate swim attire (bathing suits/trunks/jammers, etc.) are to be worn in the pool. This is a family environment. No cutoffs, sweaty gym/workout clothing, thong suits, or underwear will be permitted. Swimmers must be in swim attire to enter the pool. Street clothes (t-shirts, shorts, pants, socks, shoes, etc) are not allowed for swimming. Please adhere to the proper swim attire for sanitary purposes. Failure to comply will result in not being allowed to enter the pool.
Any damage to the pool or to pool property will be charged to the person(s) causing said damage. You will be billed the amount charged to the pool for repairs and/or replacement. It is the duty and responsibility of all members, their children, and their guests to adhere to and encourage compliance with these rules.
Adult signatures indicate an understanding of the updated pool rules and the intent to follow ALL rules for their entire household. Violators will be given ONE warning. At the second warning (even if it is a different rule) the resident will be told to leave the premises. Confrontations with lifeguards and/or other residents will result in CMPD being called to the pool to resolve the issue. Management reserves the right to terminate pool privileges for repeat offenders.
ALL HOUSEHOLDS REQUIRED TO HAVE A SIGNED COPY OF THE 2021 POOL RULES ON FILE